Monday, July 11, 2005

Chex Mix in the Morning

Happy freaking Monday people.

Yup the weekend is over and it's time to get back to work in the real world. For the one person who I think still reads this, "yes dear that means you get to sit there at your desk in the hallowed halls of higher education and pretend that you are working for the next 8 hours."

Well I left my phone at my aunts place on Saturday. Didn't notice it was gone until this morning. Par for the course with me. E&S have created a little check sheet for every time I visit them to make sure I am taking home with me everything that I brought with. They know me and my forgetful ways very well. While on the subject of E&S I would like to put out a quick prayer for S's dad who is going in for a Quintuple bi-pass this morning. I guess the first one he had was so great that he wanted to do it all over again but even bigger this time.

So I spent a few pleasant (HA) hours in the yard yesterday digging out weeds from one of the BF's row of roses. Yes folks just of of the rows and I didn't even finish it. The yard is so weed, moss, and fern infected that I have serious doubts that there is any real actual grass still alive in his yard. I am working away, ignoring the occasional bouts of rain pulling out a sh** ton of dandelions and other assorted flora, when I see it. This monster of a stickerbush that is obviously the mother of all that I have just spent the last two hours ripping out of the ground. I kid you not this thing stood nearly 6 feet tall and a stalk the size of a five year old's forearm. It loomed over me as I knelt before it, mouth agape in awe at it's size and it's very existence. My trusty garden shovel which until now had been the smiting weeds with the ferocity of a barbarian, cowered under the malevolent gaze of this monstrous weed. Just then big fat raindrops began to fall and I took this timely interruption as a sign from above, picked up my things and scooted out of there with my tail between my legs. I will be back. With a full sized shovel, a pick-axe, a bottle of brake clean, goggles, up to my elbow gloves, my dirt bike helmet, and a nasty attitude. You're going down monster weed!!!! Muh ha ha ha

I have discovered, to my horror, that the nearest Barnes & Noble is over NINE miles away. Okay that may not sound like much but when you look at it in time spent getting there, 35 -40 minutes, it might as well be on the moon. And those time estimates are on a good day. I have been spoiled by having my favorite book store five minutes away all these years. There are three places to buy turnips and hamburger within two miles of the house but I have to travel nine miles to be able to buy a cup of tea, find a cozy chair, read a good book and do some people watching. Covington, where are your priorities? Get yourself a damn bookstore!

Since the meeting on Friday I have started cleaning out my office. It seems all too likely that I am soon doomed to become a cubicle dweller. I took my Ross Nicoll water colors home on Friday along with my pictures from Mexico that had been decorating the kitchen here. Today I have packed up my diplomas, certifications, airplanes, and will probably grab the my albums that have been hanging up in the reception area. I am in debate as to whether or not to take the albums and their frames or just the albums and leave the empty frames still hanging on the wall. I'll have to give this one some thought. Weigh in with your thoughts if you'd like.

No comments: