Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Aftermath

A letter I am drafting to my new boss following our meet and greet yesterday.

Hi ***,

It was great to finally meet you yesterday and to see the company. Overall I felt warmly welcomed by just about everyone we met; engineering being the exception to that.

I don’t know what precipitated the chilly greeting I received when I went back there on my own yesterday afternoon. I don’t know if it’s my gender that put them off or just me being an unwelcome outsider.

My work at *** has been in a production capacity. I am not an engineer/designer, nor will I pretend to be one. I am anticipating that upon coming to work at ***** my essential job duties in regards to my existing accounts will not change. There is a large learning curve ahead of me as I learn the work processes and integrate our existing accounts into them. Judging by the hostile reception that I received, I am not counting on getting any help from your engineering department making these changes.

This merger has put us all under a great deal of stress. There are many questions yet to be answered regarding how we will all work together. I have always enjoyed the collaborative spirit and group effort that we put into each and every project. My hope is, that given time this spirit of cooperation will make its self felt again.

Regards,


Yup that's how my day went.
Enough said.

No comments: