Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Moving on down.....

There hasn't been anything in my in-box at work for a very long time now. Consequently I have been spending entirely too much time surfing the web and teaching myself how to play Sudoku. What this means is that when work does make it's way to my desk I am not so much grateful to actually have something to do, as I am mad at being interrupted from my web surfing. I really need to find a new job so that I can useful again and my employers can get their monies worth out of their employee.

At the end of this month I am taking the plunge and moving in with my boyfriend. We've been dating for about a year and the distance (almost 60 miles) is getting to be a pain in the.... I wish there had been a valid and compelling reason for him to move up north where I live but alas there wasn't. So down south I move into a small town/city that is on the border of nowhere. Okay Covington isn't so bad; it has potential. However the neighborhood into which I am moving is less then desirable. Ironicly it's the same neighborhood that my parents moved into when they were first married. And nothing has changed in the past 30 odd years. The houses are all cheaply made and have been cheaply maintained. They are very possibly the last houses within King Co. that aren't 100 miles from Seattle and don't cost more then 200k.

Not to be a snob but I feel like I am taking a huge step backward by moving into this area. However the BF is a part owner of a business nearby, I am not ready to buy a house with him yet in a better neighborhood and he isn't ready nor able to buy a bigeer house and tie up a larger portion of his income with a new mortgage.

No comments: