Thursday, June 23, 2005

Cautious Optimism

A quick update - from msnbc - "Eight states forbid the use of eminent domain when the economic purpose is not to eliminate blight; they are Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, South Carolina and Washington."

I am breathing easier now that I know Washington doesn't allow a city to take over your property unless it's a danger or an "eye sore" and part of an neighborhood that is run down and economically depressed. I have seen a few candidates for this blight status and so far I haven't seen the state or any government agency rushing into to take the property over.

I received some drawings today for a project at SeaTac. The files are HUGE. I put them through a purge program I have that will strip an overly large file of all it's unnecessary baggage and leave it sometimes less then half the size it was before. No dice this time. This is a tiny store/cafe not an 80 story sky scraper what the hell are these architects putting into their drawings?

BTW just in case anyone ever reads this - we're on our third day of summer here in beautiful Seattle and the score is: rain 2, sun1

No comments: