Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Left in Tacoma

On the same day that search and rescue teams found that little boy in Utah, somebody left a little boy on some church steps in Tacoma. The little boy is believed to be about two and looking at his picture in the paper he is as cute as can be. The police say he hasn't learned to talk yet which is very sad. I couldn't shut my two boys up by the time they were two. All things considered I am glad that he was left somewhere reasonably safe and not just dumped somewhere like a dog that is no longer wanted. I wish sometimes that it was harder to have a child; that you had to go through a series of tests before getting pregnant.

I brought three more boxes of books down to the house last night. I really need my own room to set up as a library. Just as the BF collects speakers and electronic gear, I collect books. The frex (f***ing retarded ex-husband) once demanded that I start throwing out books. He couldn't believe that I'd actually read all of them and if I had why I would want to keep them around. I said I would be happy to start tossing them out and I would make him a deal; I would get rid of a book for every movie/DVD that he threw away. My collection was safe from that moment on.

All the buildings are done being painted and are ready for their glow in the dark windows. The boys are very excited about the new room. The thrill of getting to paint and re-do the house is wearing thin. I hope I have enough enthusiasm and energy left to paint the living room, it really needs it. I was hoping to get the house done by the time I moved in but that is not going to happen. It will continue to be a work in progress for awhile. Probably a very long while.

Why do towns crowd in all their shops and businesses onto one street? It usually starts innocently enough with a few stores coviently located along (generally) a main thru street. As the town grows more shops and businesses move onto the road then instead of building a parallel street to handle the over flow the town builds perpendicular streets that lead right into parking lots for still more stores. All traffic is forced to drive on the ONE road in order to get to the stores or to just go through the town. Woodinville is a prime example of this and so is Covington. What irritates me is that Covington is a "bedroom" community. There are no industiral or business parks nearby. If you don't work in one of the stores or restaurants (service industry) near by you are obviously communting to work and home each day. All these communters have to crowd onto the ONE road in order to get to the main Hwy. This design may have worked 20 or even 10 years ago but it certainly doesn't now. I am so going to hate my commute everyday.

Things seen in Seattle yesterday:
  • A man with his hand in his pants scratching his balls while walking down the sidewalk.
  • A young woman walking with her elderly grandmother (I presume) and argueing over which way to go. The grandmother kicks the gril in the shin and walks the way she wants to go. The girl gave in and followed her
  • A guy with a suped up/pimped out sports car who spent the majority of my lunch hour trying to parallel park and then ended up rubbing his nice shinny wheels against the curb.
  • Lightning over the Sound

No comments: