Thursday, June 23, 2005

Bobby

That's the name of the little boy who was found in Tacoma yesterday. His grandmother ID'd him and led the police to her son, the boy's father. They still haven't located the mom so the mystery continues. I was so happy that someone turned up to claim him and that excuses were not made for the reprehensible behavior of the father (and possibly the mother).

Speaking of grandmothers - my mom is taking her grandchildren for the weekend so I can move without worrying where they are and if I am going to trip over one of them. No clue on how she is going to fit them into the house with the dogs. Should be interesting.

I received an e-mail from my alma mater last week looking for copies of research papers from recent graduates. They want to create a portfolio of student work. I have two different research papers I am thinking about giving them but I only have paper copies of each since the hard drive on my computer crashed several months ago. I've actually started re-writing one of them. My problem right now is that I can't find page 5. I am much to lazy to try and wing it and make up a page 5 and try to make it fit into the paper as a whole. Besides I am not sure the school is really wanting to publish copies of my paper on the history of sodomy laws in America and why people should be able to use sex toys in privacy of their home.

Not that the government would care about what you're doing in your home. Not when now they can force you out so some developer can build a shopping mall on what used to be your property. When I heard about the Supreme Court decision today I just about threw up. My stomach is still in knots when I think about it. I have to read more about this decision. There HAS TO BE some way for property owners to protect what's theirs from a city that just wants to fill it's coffers. As someone who is looking to buy acreage I am scared silly that a few years down the road the city or the county may decided that they would prefer something/someone else be using my property. How can they do this?!? So if you own 10 acres and the town is going bankrupt because of bad leadership they can sell YOUR property to a developer who promises to bring in more revenue for the town. What is even more unbelievable is that it was the LIBERAL justices who made this ruling.

On to other things that make me mad. The frex called on Tuesday and let me know that since the boys have more fun at the daycare he is going to leave them there instead of picking them up when he gets off of work. This is the same man who insisted that we leave them at the same daycare so they could go to the same school and he could see them everyday. I guess being a parent and having to be responsible everyday for a couple of hours got to be too much for him. He is suppose to take them next week for a week over the 4th of July. Hmmmm wonder how that will go? I have a feeling that he is going to find one excuse after another why he won't be able to pick up the boys every other weekend for visits. Right now his big excuse is that he's broke and can't afford the gas which is why I have to pick them up on Sundays. I don't mind that at all. What I won't do is drive them up there and drive them back home so all he has to do is sit on his ass. FREX!

Well now that I am in a properly pissy mood it's time to sign off and do some work. Ciao

No comments: