Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fylfot

Unemployment Log:  Entry date 20130323  Location, in my library

Fylfot; noun from Middle English meaning a sign or device used to fill the lower part of a painted window.  Also used in Heraldry; the name given to a form of swastika with truncated arms.
Yes Dongs was Jeff's word as well.
 
Fylfot now also means, proof that my husband cheats at Words with Friends
 
Honestly how to you just happen to put down a bunch of letters and come up with a word that no one has used in 400 years.  I am a big enough nerd to have read books on medieval glass and window making as well as heraldic symbolism and I did not know that word.  To add salt to the wound he got 92 points for it. 92!
 
Yes these are the sourest of sour grapes.
 
I know I owe you all an explanation for my long absence this week and I promise I'll get it. For now I have 100 + point deficit to make up for.  I am calling in the big guns, Merriam, Roget and Webster.

No comments: