Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Paperwork

When did getting sick start causing so much paperwork?

Do you have your referral forms?  Is your hospital authorization paperwork completed?  Need to take time off?  Here fill out this form.  Have your doctor complete this paperwork.  Give this to your supervisor to approve.  The paperwork hoops are endless.

Jeff has FMLA paperwork to bring to Cleveland and now so do I.  I am starting to wonder if I should pack a scanner/copier/fax machine with our luggage so we can send in all the piles of paper we're bringing with us.

Sigh.  I really shouldn't complain.  We both have jobs that will allow us to take extended absences, and in my case I have permission to work remotely.  My whole department, and my boss in particular have been very supportive.  They have shouldered some of my work load when I took days off this summer when Jeff first got sick.  They politely ignore my red watery eyes when I get back to my desk after crying in the ladies room.  And last week they threw a belated wedding shower complete with money tree so Jeff and I would have cash for cabs, tolls and whatever while in Cleveland.
Thank you everyone



No comments: