Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The wasted week

The week between Christmas and New Years is such a waste of time. Most of the people in our industry take this week off which makes it difficult to get projects done. I've always suffered from a kind of post Christmas depression. PCD. Even really great Christmas' leave me feeling sort of hollow and empty. I think it's the big build up associated with it all. Then the day after you're left with the mess, the prospect of taking down the tree and all the decorations you've put up, and if you're unlucky enough having to go back out to the mall.

The BF and I went out on Friday night and saw Fun with Dick and Jane. It was hysterically funny. There was absolutely no chemistry between the main characters but it doesn't really matter. It was just fun watching Jim Carrey be Jim Carrey. Afterwards I spilled soda all over the interior of my car, including into my CD player and touch screen navigation unit. I was horrified! I have a warranty on all the electronics in my car but not if they've had soda spilled on them. It only took the BF two and a half hours to pull my dash apart, remove and clean everything even remotely electrical and put it all back together. I am very happy to say that it all works perfectly. And I am never drinking in my car again.

No comments: